Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Packing peanut fun


I got a package in the mail the other say. It was HUGE! Once it was open it was mostly packing peanuts. The kids had a great time throwing them around and making a huge mess. We cleaned it up but we didn't throw them away. Today they wanted to play in them again. I wasn't in the mood to clean that up again so I had a great idea! We could make pictures out of the messy little things. I got out some paper and had all of the kids sit down. I quickly glued on a Christmas tree. Xander said that it didn't look like a Christmas tree, it looked like a crazy thing.
Ah, well, I have never been artistic. I got over it. The kids then set about putting my art to shame.

This all took a lot more work than I had anticipated. An art project with two two year olds and a four year old would have been hard enough. It was the two one year olds that made it more interesting with their interest in the project. That picture is at the top. I am not very good at technology and I can't make the picture go where I want it. Anyhow, the kids showed me up with their pictures. It took a long time and a lot of glue but I think they are all happy. Next we made a Christmas chain. It was pink and green because that was what we had. I thought everyone would be impressed. No. Xander could make a better one by himself. So he did.
His is better because it only has one pink link. I'm not sure how one even got on there.
It is also better because it only has 9 links so Christmas will come faster. I was impressed that he did it all by himself. He even used the scissors for the first time, at least the first time he was allowed to. It wasn't easy being left handed, but he managed. When everyone was finished they needed pictures. Xander loves to take pictures so he wanted to take one of me. I held my picture and got sparkle glue all over my pants. It's okay though because I have another pair that fits. Now that we have Christmas out of the way we can do a Thanksgiving craft. We celebrate holidays in whatever order makes us happy at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment