Saturday, October 22, 2011

Brotherly Love

When we left my Mom's house the other day Brevan wanted to prove that he is indeed a two year old. He screamed at the top of his lungs, "I want to go to Grandma's house!" He kept screaming that until we got on the freeway. After that he just screamed a high pitch, earsplitting scream. I kept telling him to stop but that only made him kick my chair. Isabelle started to cry and I thought my head might burst. For the first time ever I pulled the, "Do you want me to stop the car and make you walk home?" Well, it seems that is exactly what he wanted. Now the screaming was "Stop the car and I walk!"
Sometimes I am a calm person. I tried but failed. At the exit we stopped for the light and I turned to him and said, "Fine get out!" he said, "Okay." He tried to get out. Then I told him, "Don't you unbuckle that seat belt!" Well, suddenly a loud sobbing came from the back seat. Xander was very upset and cried, "Brevan is little and he doesn't know how to get home. There are lots of cars and I would miss him!" I told him I would never make Brevan walk and then I started to cry.
Lots of crying went on for the rest of the ride. Crying and still the screams of, "Let me walk!" When we got home home I gave Xander a hug and he cried more and said, "I love Brevan and I would miss him! Don't you ever say that to anyone again." I told him I wouldn't and then I kept randomly crying the rest of the day. Why was I crying? Three reasons.
1. I scared Xander and I felt bad.
2. I'm pregnant
3. MY KIDS LOVE EACH OTHER!

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love this. Not that you had a bad day - but that with all the struggles kids bring you are doing AMAZING! I love that you are human (especially the part where you say "get out" and "don't take that seat belt off". I love that you can say sorry to your kids. I love that they love each other. I know you probably don't feel like it on days like this -- but you are one of the most amazing women I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a Mom is a tough job!! We are all entitled to have an off day every once in a while. It is hard when they are screaming especially while driving. You are an AMAZING MOM!!!! Congrats on the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story. With all three things going on at once, no wonder you were crying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being pregnant! This is the first I have heard of it. Your Xander is like my Aaron. They are constant reminders of kindness and selflessness. You are a wonderful mommy and it is actually great for your kids to see that you are making mistakes and trying so hard to be good at what you love. Miss you woman.

    ReplyDelete