Friday, October 26, 2012

Frozen, Crunchy Goodness

When my kids woke up this morning they were very excited to see a little sprinkle of snow on the grass. Everyone went looking for boots. Of course being the Mom I had to ruin all of the fun by reminding them that it is a school day and we need to get ready to take Xander to kindergarten. After driving to the school, back home to retrieve the forgotten backpack, and back to school again, I decided to let them go play in the backyard. I do not like the cold but being a parent means sacrificing your own comfort sometimes. (Isabelle just wet on the back of my pants as I wrote this to remind me that this is true.) Grant was napping peacefully so we needed to move fast. Isabelle couldn't remember snow. I imagined them running out there picking up the little bits of snow and trying to make a snowman, which probably would not be possible with what was out there. Brevan ran right out and started feeding the bunny and chicken frozen grapes. 
 Both Isabelle and Brevan ignored the snow completely and started crunching down on the frozen grapes. The vines were up higher this year because the bunny had eaten them back before he was confined to his cage for unruly behavior. We have some hideous cement blocks that we can't seem to get rid of. We even tried hitting them with a sledge hammer. They are here to stay. We are deeding them to the next people who buy our house. Isabelle thought climbing up on top of one would be the best way to reach the grapes. I didn't think this was such a great idea because the fence is old with nails and slivers poking out all over the place.
 It wasn't hard to get them back in the house. I just gave them both a handful of grapes and they came happily in.  Isabelle is still ignorant to the joys of snow.  I am happy. I don't even have to clean up a wet mess. All I have to clean up is two happy, stained, purple faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment